Saturday, October 17, 2015

Watching Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - (Episodes watched: 118)_Thoughts

As you can see from the title, I have gone through half of the series over all, but still missing 62 episodes, since I watch 4 episodes each time, so how I advance is a bit steady at a time I feel comfortable to watch, so it can be sometimes very slow...

 So far from what I have seen, I must say YGO GX is the weakest, I have yet to watch Zexal fully to be sure, it's decent specially now when things are getting interesting, in other words, the series had a sloppy start with some potential, I think is ridiculous it has schools to teach how to duel as one of it's subjects.
As for plot, It's very easy to tell when the plot is moving and when isn't, the episodes that isn't are usually clear that they're fillers and they're terrible episode fillers, they are rarely funny for me and just plain irritating, silly and random...NAS writers keep increasing my hatred for you (I still hold grudge against you with the mess you did in last season of YGO 5D's)

 Another thing, the dialogues, sometimes feels forceful or try too hard to make it interesting, cool and intense, even the plot doesn't runaway from this, yes, the plot, I think it can be forceful at times, but not always.
 The characters are the best part of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, they have a lot of potential, but the potential is wasted many times, focusing too much on Yuki Judai, I mean, Asuka rarely duels, Sho, Kaiser, Fubuki, and many of the duelists that appears, it's later "forgotten", the only that survive, are supportive, secondary and main characters.
I think the animation is a bit lazy, it's very stagnant, it doesn't decrease quality but doesn't increase either.
I may have sounded too harsh on the series, but that's how I view, but HEY, I'm enjoying watching, it's in season 3 that I'm starting to enjoy it more...

No comments:

Post a Comment