Saturday, April 8, 2017

My First Impressions of Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Side of Dimesions (SPOILER FREE)

I won't write any details not even what happened in the story, you have the synopsis around the internet, this just what I think about the movie in general and to how much extends to the main story in general of Yu-Gi-Oh!
I watched in japanese with english subtitles, around the internet but I will buy the DVD licensed by Manga UK...
I think the movie was quite amazing but it has it's drawbacks which left me a little disappointed and left a bit more to be desired.
The story was pretty much the best part of the movie, to anyone who have watched the anime japanese version with subtitles will get the gist of the story in general, but the ones who read the manga of the series on the other hand, the experience of the movie will be extended, the movie is definitely is the expansion of the story of the manga as it been advertised, you can really see and feel the vibe that it was Kazuki Takahashi telling the story, it's to be assured is his style as well.

Now the duels, they were great except how they ended...
Character development felt unfinished, specially for Kaiba (his over the top personality is hilarious but his narrow-mindset pisses me off).
The ending was good but...it was what made things feel and left unfinished.

The spoiler version will be in "Thoughts and Observations", since is the expansion of the manga together with the one-shot Transcend Game, It will be then when I go in detail after I'm done with the manga, since I will reference a lot of my posts about the manga in Movie Thoughts and Observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment