Saturday, November 21, 2015

Watching Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - (Episodes watched: 156)_Thoughts

As you can see from the title I watched 156 episodes, in other words, just finished season 3, soon to start season 4.
What thoughts remain and those changed? hmmm
Some thoughts still remain such YGO GX had a sloppy start, the story development in the first 2 seasons wasn't really good, just feels a bit forceful, specially the fillers, character development was fine though, like I said the strongest point were the characters and still is, but my main complain about the characters remains, too much focus on Judai, I really like the character, but is just a little bit unbalanced with the other characters.
Now let's focus on season 3, I must say the story development is really good, character development is good as well, except maybe for 4 characters whose wasn't as good as the rest, I mean Manjoume Thunder, Tyranno Kenzan, Tenjoin Asuka and her brother Tenjoin Fubuki, but since they were important for Judai Yuki character development, I'll let it slide, best characters development goes to Judai Yuki, Marufuji Shou (though he hadn't any duel, bummer, I really like his dueling style), Marufuji Ryou, Amon Garam, Austin O'Brien and Jim Crocodile.
Even though I get a bit annoyed with Judai having so much focus, I think his character development in season 3 was really interesting, it's not everytime we see the main character becoming a villain, though temporarily, but interesting nonetheless, we see a different contrast on Judai's character, I can even see some similarities with Atem and Yugi and it's closure of his character development in this season was good as well.
The introduction of new characters was good as well, from all the new characters introduced I liked were Johan Andersen, Yubel and Haou Judai (Supreme King Judai) - From Season 2 if interested was Edo Phoenix.
The duels in season 3 was fine, but my favourites were Marufuji Ryou Kaiser VS Yubel "Johan", Amon Garam VS Yubel "Johan" and finally Yubel/"Johan" VS Yuki Judai, basically Yubel duels =D.
I wouldn't say opinion on the series have changed much, but it has definitely evolved, which is kind of a good feeling some way, I'm enjoying the ride way more ;-), now if is the least or weakest of the YGO series, that I don't know yet, I have to finish YGO GX and Zexal (to me they're quite comparable in terms of quality, Arc-V seems close to the level of 5D's and DM).

Once I finish last season (Season 4), I will make maybe my Top 5 or 10 favourites characters of GX.

See ya Next Post!

No comments:

Post a Comment