Thursday, July 6, 2023

One Year After Since Kazuki Takahashi Passed Away

 Even though most of us got most news of death on the next day, July 7th but it was technically July 6th 2022, 3 months later we got to know the cause of his death being from a riptide because he helped in rescuing three people...

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2022-10-11/okinawa-riptide-rescue-yu-gi-oh-7646714.html

I have been re-reading the manga slowly, I'm still not finished because I took a break of 3 months (personal problems going on), I am now at Memory World Arc, my favourite arc of the series, I love the premise, the art, I was and still am always impressed of how he kept the details of the outfits, specifically Pharaoh Atem in his royal outfit because is very beautifully detailed and was consistent about it too, which is quite hard for any artist, I am at volume 33 (Volume 2 of Millennium World), I came to notice, the art in his panels in this arc contains a lot warmth, specially when came to Pharaoh Atem/Dark Yugi and the main cast, you can feel the love and care he had for his characters soon to say goodbye...as if preparing for a soft landing and safely.

It still feels unreal sometimes that he really passed away, with my collection of the manga and movie YGO:Dark Side of Dimensions, you feel what he left behind...

You can always go see his instagram where he posted his art...

Kazuki Takahashi's instagram - Studio Dice

A curious fact about Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Side of Dimensions, he wrote and storyboard director of the movie and he animated one scene only, this one scene:


⭐Thank You and Rest in Peace, Kazuki Takahashi⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment